In the digital age it is impossible to succeed without a team that has the necessary talent for the company, Bill Gates in one of his most famous quotes said, "a good programmer is worth 10,000 times the price of an average developer."
Everyone has a talent. It is important to find out what it is, so as to turn those qualities into a tangible benefit. Companies must help in this aspect, finding and placing talent in the right job in your organization.
The digital companies that will succeed are those who give and build trust. To achieve this it will be necessary to consider these items:
- Organizations are living entities that must be structured more flexibly.
- The hierarchy has lost importance.
- Workers can take decisions freely.
- Generate core values of the organization, from which each individual can decide freely.
In the era of big data and the Internet, we have a lot of information about our consumers. We have to segment this and analyze it using a scientific mentality until we find the formula that leads to success. We should not be afraid of making mistakes. As Edison said, "No I was wrong. Simply, I've found 10,000 ways that will not work. "
Remember, it is much more efficient:
- Perform dozens or hundreds of tests.
- Accept small failures, because they learn what will lead to success.
- After a big win, always go for the next one.
As scientists, we must work through trial and error, to achieve success. This implies a change in the mindset of companies, meaning that you should not be afraid of initial failure.
Having and retaining digital talent requires a design for an appropriate strategy to achieve it. Companies need to define who they are, the services they provide and who they are. In this way, they can hire people who are aligned with these ideas, which give trust and freedom to use and develop their talents.