Have you already incorporated mobile applications into your marketing strategy? Although they have been with us for a while now, 2016 will be a big year for mobile application downloads. Smartphone are becoming and increasingly more important part of our day-to-day lives, and on top of it, Google has started to include app content in its search results. This makes investing in an app for your marketing a decision smarter than ever.
But designing a fabulous app is only half the challenge: an appropriate promotion strategy is vital to achieve downloads. Which is why I am going to tell you how to increase your app’s downloads by using Twitter App.
Promote your mobile app with Twitter's App Cards
Did you know that over 80% of Twitter users access the network from a mobile device? Furthermore, according to a recent study by Research Now, Tweeters use apps 24% more than other smartphone users, making them the ideal audience to promote your application. Knowing this, Twitter has made our lives as marketers easier by creating specific features for apps within its advertising platform, Twitter Ads.
App Cards are an advertising format with endless possibilities. From within the Twitter app itself, users can see some of the qualities of a promoted app, a preview image and install or open it without even leaving their timelines. You can also customize the title and the call to action to maximize your results. The ads automatically adapt according to the device from which the user is accessing (iOS or Android) and are not shown on desktops, as they are entirely focused on getting downloads.
With the app card campaigns you can increase downloads, encouraging people to continue interacting with your application, segmenting the users who are most interested in installing your app and following up on all conversions into opens and downloads.
How to create a Twitter Ads Campaign to promote your App
Ready to use Twitter App to attract downloads of your app? To create your personalized campaign, you only need to follow these steps:
- Configure the campaign. Give it a name and decide how long it should last (continuously, or only on given dates).
- Choose your type of audience. This step is crucial to guarantee success, so make sure you’ve defined your target audience to the best of your ability. Twitter Ads lets you segment your audience according to demographics, devices, users they follow, interests, keywords, behavior, etc. You can also add custom audiences with conversion pixels or email lists.
- Define a budget. Fix your campaign’s budget and choose from the available bidding options: automatic (Twitter decide how much you pay for each click), objective (indicate the desired cost per action and the system will as close as possible) or maximum (indicate the maximum cost and Twitter will optimize itself without going over it).
- Choose your creative elements. Personalize the image and copies of your ads and you’re ready to publish your campaign!
Here are a few recommendations to follow if you want to get the best results:
- Segment the right audience. If you want to get your mobile app to get downloads, you should pay special attention to the type of device, operating systems and WiFi connectivity being used by your target audience.
- Manage your budget. Twitter Ads campaigns work based on a cost per click You will only pay for the clicks that direct a user to the App Store, Google Play or the application itself.
- Supervise your campaigns. Check your campaign control panel to see how often users view your tweets, the number of times they install or open your app and the cost per click. Establish regular control checks and optimize your campaign according to results.
Real examples of App Install Campaigns with Twitter App
To finish off, I would like to share with you some of our success stories, about mobile application promotion campaigns using Twitter App. We are continuously blown away with the power of this tool!
Glovo App is a delivery service application that connects customers with local couriers. Their objective was expanding from the north American market to the main European cities.
Our challenge was to generate a highly segmented campaign, with different combinations of creative elements adapted to each city. Furthermore, we also needed to make real time decisions regarding each Twitter Card, which we were able to do thanks to a system which makes real time decisions implementing Twitter’s API.
Thanks to unique Twitter Cards in every city, device-specific segmentation and learning and adapting to and from the audience, we were able to multiply the daily app installs by 5.36, while the cost per installation decreased by 21%. The engagement increased by 64.8% while the cost decreased by 33%. These are great results, achieved by using any and all personalization features.
Subasta de Ocio App
Subasta de Ocio is a Spanish app that auctions empty hotel rooms, unused restaurant offers and other leisure activities. Their goal is to fill all hotels, restaurants, spas & other leisure activities and make people happy instead of having unused beds or dining tables.
Our challenge here was managing 7 different product categories, with high levels of customization and segmentation within each one, all whilst increasing the number of app installs and improving the cost per installation.
In order to achieve it, we integrated Twitter’s API into a software to generate the campaigns, tweets and possible segmentations in a matter of minutes. To optimize the results, we used Twitter Tech Marketing, which applies algorithms based on artificial intelligence to make real time decisions. This made it possible to manage 270 unique segmentations per campaign and over 7,000 ad combinations with optimized results: the cost per installation was reduced by 43.17%.