Social networks have been among us for more than 10 years and some are more than consolidated, but there’s always room for new developments and surprises. This is the case of Vero App, a new emerging network that wants to compete with Facebook and Instagram.
Although it was launched for the first time in 2015, Veroapp is starting to see exponential growth now, and it’s presenting to us several interesting novelties regarding the typical networks. Let's see what value Vero can ad in its offers to users and brands.
The benefits of Vero App for users
- Authenticity. The unique selling point of Vero is that it aims to generate a sense of authenticity, to form real connections between people. Therefore, it offers users different levels of privacy, from "close friends" to contacts that are simply followed. In this way, its creators argue that it allows the users to relate in a more authentic way, because in the real life we do not have the same levels of confidence with the whole world.
- No Ads. Vero has no publicity and, according to its founders, will never have it, which for the user implies a much more fluent use experience. In return, this social network is based on a subscription model: the first million users will enjoy it for free and forever, but the following will have to pay "a few dollars a year" (the exact amount has not yet been revealed). Although it’s easy to second guess them given that we are accustomed to free networks, remember that there are already many payment services with great acceptance, such as Netflix or Spotify.
- Privacy. Finally, another of its sales arguments for users is the protection of privacy, because Vero app does not share the data with trademarks.
What can Veroapp offer to companies?
The benefits of Vero App for users are very obvious, but it may not be as clear first what it offers to brands. However, this network has several very interesting possibilities for future online marketing plans:
- No algorithms. In Facebook, the brands see how the algorithm of latest news sections makes the scope of their publications limited, so many times have no other option than to pay money and promoted their posts. On the other hand, in Vero app the user can see all the last publications of people and brands which they are following, in chronological order and without altering. So it can be a very interesting way to get to our audience in an organic way.
- In app purchases. Vero offers a choice of purchases through the app. Vero retains charges a commision fee, but it can still be an alternative way to generate conversions.
- Influencing. It is very attractive for influencers and content creators, both for the multiple formats of the publications and for their organic reach. Therefore, the brands interested in influencer marketing will do well not to lose sight of it.