More and more people have smart devices. These are now playing a crucial role to increase traffic and sales in online business or e-commerce. So much that mobile advertising visits to a store can increase by 80% within 24 hours after the first exposure to the announcement and during the six days following the average of visits it is still higher than usual, up to 18%. This reaffirms the Mobile Ads are a tool with a very high power of attraction.
This conclusion comes from the study of Mobile Audience Insights Reports 2015 by NinthDecimal.
- 35% of sales are made by mobile: In 2014 35% purchases we made through the smartphone, when a year before it was only 23%. The remainder is made in the physical store (47%) or through a computer (18%). This shows that marketers have to respond to this increase in users who are increasingly using their mobile to make purchases.
- 54% of online purchases are through Smartphone and Tablet: The PC is no longer the main source of online transactions. 34% of users prefer to use their smartphone and 20% of users prefer to use the tablet. Comfort has won the game and the technology that is easy to carry and lightweight has become the favorite of consumers.
- Loc Rich-Media (not video) is the most used type of Ads: 51% of marketers prefer rich media advertising media (no video). These allow greater interaction and the option to include text, pictures and audiovisual. They can be deployed, float or spread down (peel-down ad), you can also access the accumulated audience behavior metrics.
- Consumers spend on average 28.8 seconds on a Mobile Ad: Where more time is spent on entertainment listings with an average of 46.8 seconds and in the retail sector with an average of 38.2 seconds.
- 57% of advertisers bet on mobile advertising based on offers.
Data that a few months ago could be interpreted as mere speculations is now a true statement: Mobile Ads are now a crucial and essential part where you have to invest part of the efforts of the digital marketing strategy, especially if the objectives are on obtaining figures on an upward trajectory.
Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG at FreeDigitalPhotos.net